Company perspective and background
Fourayes Farm Ltd is the UK’s number one fruit grower and processor, supplying superb products for Bakery, desserts, smoothies and the Dairy industry amongst others. We work with the largest retail multiples in the world and have a turnover in excess of £15 million with historically strong operating profits.
We are also an industry innovator. We invest in the best people and equipment to deliver the best results for our customers. We also develop ground-breaking new products such as Utterly Fruity (taking fresh apple into applications previously unattainable) and our delicious Plumptious mincemeat. Fourayes will continue to actively focus on innovation, supporting profitable growth and the consolidation of existing operations.
The Night Hygiene Operative will be to carry out hygiene tasks to the required standard as designated by the Night Shift Hygiene Supervisor.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Carry out the nightly cleaning operation of the plant to ensure factory environment is suitable for production of safe, legal and quality foodstuffs.
- Positive working atmosphere is maintained
- Adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Ensure adherence to Health and Safety Practices
- To carry out all duties as assigned by the Night Shift Hygiene Supervisor, to include hygienic cleaning of equipment, fabrication and communal areas
- To ensure safe use of cleaning equipment and chemicals.
- This person would have to be able to clean all areas of the peeling and dicing room.
- The duties would include the stripping down of machine and pipework to ensure that all parts of the equipment can be hygienically cleaned inside and out.
- The duties would include working at different hights to ensure that the machines can be cleaned in full.
- Be able to operate Jet washer hot and cold.
- Operate foaming machine / and chemical spray trolleys.
- Use cleaning chemicals in a safe manner and in line with work instructions.
- Use and refill dosing stations.
- Assist cleaning in other departments
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardised situations.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Effective communication with other staff members.
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and multi-tasking
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel: to taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, colour vision and ability to focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to wet, cold and or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. There is an amount of walking, standing and sitting involved. The noise levels have been assessed across the plant and some areas are mandatory hearing protection zones.
Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions and short correspondence. Basic mathematic skills required.
Covid-19 Procedures 2021
We ask everyone on site to wear a face covering when walking around and maintain handwashing. We also encourage all employees to do weekly Lateral Flow Tests.
Please complete the Summary Application Form and send it, together with a copy of your CV, to Hannah King at: email@example.com or you can post the completed form and a copy of your CV to H King, Fourayes Farm Ltd, Bicknor, Sittingbourne, Kent. ME9 8BJ
If you have any questions or would like to discuss your application please email or call on 01622 884230
Join the Bramley Apple Picking team in the Autumn
If you don’t work all week in the factory then you can join the picking team in September & October. It’s £10 per bin for the 1st pick. Also great if you are student looking for holiday work.