Company perspective and background
Fourayes Farm Ltd is the UK’s number one fruit grower and processor, supplying superb products for Bakery, desserts, smoothies and the Dairy industry amongst others.
Set in 100 acres of glorious Bramley apple orchards in Kent (the ‘Garden of England’) Fourayes is a third-generation family owned and operated business. Family values are important to us, despite our size and scale, and can be seen throughout the operation.
We work with some of the largest retail multiples in the world and have a turnover in excess of £15 million with historically strong operating profits.
We are also an industry innovator. We invest in the best people and equipment to deliver the best results for our customers. We develop ground-breaking new products such as Utterly Fruity (taking fresh apple into applications previously unattainable) and our delicious Plumptious mincemeat (the plumpest, juiciest mincemeat ever).
At Fourayes we strive to lead the way in every department, and we are now seeking a new member of the team to join us in our continuous improvement journey.
The Senior Section SV will oversee and coordinate the day to day operation of their respective Production Area to ensure efficient manufacture of food-safe, legal and quality products. Carry out good GMP practice and ensure that all stock is used on a FIFO (first in, first out) basis. Lead Continuous Improvement programme for their Production Area. Deputise for Production Manager.
Main duties and responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
To lead by example at all times and provide leadership to dedicated teams to ensure:
- Effective utilisation of equipment and manpower to meet the required quality standards and production lead times.
- Positive working atmosphere is maintained
- Learnings are identified and implemented, using Root Cause Analysis, in event of underperformance in area
- Improvement opportunities are identified, implemented and results tracked using PDCARA (Plan, Do, Check, Act, Review, Audit) approach.
- Staff development and involvement is encouraged to create a skilled, flexible and motivated workforce.
- Adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Enforcement of Health and Safety Practices of the team and themselves.
- To control and meet Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for all production processes.
- Foster Continuous Improvement culture within team
- To manage staff attendance, absences, holiday requests and identify disciplinary issues and procedures as appropriate.
- To have a good knowledge and be able to operate all equipment in their section
- Requisition materials required to meet production goals in a timely manner
- Study production schedules and estimates, worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment, discusses options with the Production Manager if required due to volume/performance effects on the shift time availability
- Ensure all line checks are completed, relevant paperwork (eg Work Instructions) and Factory Master requirements are adhered to
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments
- Directly supervise up to 20 employees. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisation’s policies and applicable laws.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty well. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Previous experience of leading a team in a CI (continuous improvement) FMCG – preferably food based – manufacturing environment is required.
Knowledge & Skills
- Understanding of lean manufacturing tools and techniques -5S, Visual Control, High Performance Teams, KPI’s, SMED and TPM
- Problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Ability to engage, motivate and develop staff
- Results driven
- Motivated by identifying, responding to and resolving opportunities
- High concern for standards and impact
- Self Control
- Good presentation skills
- Strong IT Skills, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook essential
- Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-to-one and small group situations to other employees of the organisation.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently is required to walk and occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- The employee may be required to occasionally lift product. To avoid any heavy lifting, you would need to ensure you use the appropriate trolleys provided.
Please send the form and a copy of your CV to Lorraine Cane at: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can post the completed form and a copy of your CV to Lorraine Cane, Fourayes Farm Ltd, Bicknor, Sittingbourne, Kent. ME9 8BJ
If you have any questions or would like to discuss your application please email Lorraine or call on 01622 884230.
Closing Date: 25th September 2020