Company perspective and background
Fourayes Farm Ltd is the UK’s number one fruit processor and commercial jam manufacturer for bakeries, desserts, and dairy. Fourayes is an award-winning third-generation family run business, with an international reputation for excellent and innovative fruit fillings and jam making.
We are an industry innovator; we invest in the best people and equipment to deliver the best results for our customers. We also develop ground-breaking new products such as Utterly Fruity (taking fresh apple into applications previously unattainable) and our delicious Plumptious mincemeat.
Fourayes will continue to actively focus on innovation, supporting profitable growth and the consolidation of existing operations. In order to facilitate this, we require a talented and versatile Production Line Operative to work on the Puree Line (HRS aseptic plant). The successful candidate will need to support the company through relevant changes necessary to achieve our objectives.
The Puree shift production operator will be tasked to work on HRS aseptic line within the production areas processing a variety of soft fruits such as Strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, apple and pear in line with the daily planned schedule, and as instructed by the Supervisor. The successful candidate would need to take ownership of core KPI’s and deliver the agreed production plan for each shift.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Include the following; other duties may be assigned, the details below are not exhaustive.
- To work as instructed by the Supervisor in the most efficient manner.
- To undertake all duties in the safest possible way and in line with the company Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- To report problems or potential problems to the Supervisor immediately.
- To take on responsibility of the product quality at all times whilst working in the area. Inclusive of QC checks relating to PH. Viscosity. Brix
- To know and understand all section KPIs. Drive the delivery of targets such as. (safety, quality, delivery of budgeted line through puts per hour, capture and report Machine break downs swiftly and promptly).
- Completion of shift start up checks, food hygiene sign off, plant integrity checks, shift operational logs such as SIC, batch completion, product I.D tagging, route card booking off, product sign off and storage, preparation / supply of packaging requirements including integrity / compliance checks to visual standards.
- To ensure product integrity is not compromised and therefore achieve Business Right First-Time target of zero failures.
- To always abide by the company rules.
- Actively engage, participate, and contribute towards all C.I projects.
- To maintain an acceptable level of Personal and company Health and Hygiene.
- To maintain a clean and tidy work area and assist in the end of shift housekeeping activities.
- To always follow company dress code policies
- Attend training as required to develop relevant knowledge and skills throughout all production areas
- Carryout other duties within the production areas that may be required from time to time.
- Able to operate machinery safely and competently.
Education and Qualifications:
- To perform this role successfully the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and ideally.
- Hold a current Basic Food Hygiene Certificate desirable but not essential as training is offered.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibrations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work a rotating shift pattern of between 06.00 – 22.00 (06.00-14.00 and 14.00-22.00) in line with business needs and must be physically able to stand for long periods of time.
Covid-19 Procedures 2021
We ask everyone on site to wear a face covering when walking around and maintain handwashing. We also encourage all employees to do weekly Lateral Flow Tests.
Please complete the Summary Application Form and send it, together with a copy of your CV, to Hannah King at: email@example.com or you can post the completed form and a copy of your CV to H King, Fourayes Farm Ltd, Bicknor, Sittingbourne, Kent. ME9 8BJ
If you have any questions or would like to discuss your application please email or call on 01622 884230
Closing Date: TBA
Join the Bramley Apple Picking team in the Autumn
If you don’t work all week in the factory then you can join the picking team in September & October. It’s £10 per bin for the 1st pick. Also great if you are student looking for holiday work.