Company perspective and background
Fourayes Farm Ltd is a family run business and is the UK’s number one fruit grower and processor, supplying superb products for Bakery, desserts, smoothies and the Dairy industry amongst others. We work with the largest retail multiples in the world and have a turnover in excess of £15 million with historically strong operating profits.
We are also an industry innovator. We invest in the best people and equipment to deliver the best results for our customers. We also develop ground-breaking new products such as Utterly Fruity (taking fresh apple into applications previously unattainable) and our delicious Plumptious mincemeat. Fourayes will continue to actively focus on innovation, supporting profitable growth and the consolidation of existing operations.
You’ll get the chance to work in this great family-run business. You will be asked to work in the production areas producing products in line with the schedule, and as instructed by the Supervisor. To maintain section quality and KPIs (key performance Indicators) at all times.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Include the following; other duties may be assigned, the details below are not exhaustive.
- You’ll work as instructed by the Supervisor in the most efficient manner.
- You’ll undertake all duties in the safest possible way and in line with the company Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- You will report problems or potential problems to the Supervisor immediately.
- You’ll take on responsibility of the product quality at all times whilst working in the area.
- You will know and understand all section KPIs and assist in reaching these targets.
- You’ll ensure product integrity is not compromised and therefore achieve Right First Time (RFT)
- You’ll abide by the company rules at all times
- You will maintain an acceptable level of Personal and company Health and Hygiene.
- You will maintain a clean and tidy work area and assist in the end of shift housekeeping activities.
- You will follow company dress code policies at all times
- You’ll attend training as required to develop relevant knowledge and skills throughout all production areas
- You’ll carry out other duties within the production areas that may be required from time to time.
- You will be able to operate machinery
Education and Qualifications:
To perform this role successfully you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and ideally: Hold a current Basic Food Hygiene Certificate desirable but not essential as training is offered.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibrations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work a rotating shift pattern of between 06.00 – 22.00 in line with business needs and must be physically able to stand for long periods of time.
Covid-19 Procedures June 2021
All employees will be required to wear a face covering while working onsite, keeping to the social distancing rules and washing hands etc. We are also asking all employees to take a weekly lateral flow test (ideally over the weekend, ready for the new week ahead) and report the results into HR to maintain a COVID free environment.
Please complete the Summary Application Form and send it, together with a copy of your CV, to Hannah Wisbey at: email@example.com or you can post the completed form and a copy of your CV to H Wisbey, Fourayes Farm Ltd, Bicknor, Sittingbourne, Kent. ME9 8BJ
If you have any questions or would like to discuss your application please email or call on 01622 884230
Closing Date: TBA
Join the Bramley Apple Picking team in the Autumn
If you don’t work all week in the factory then you can join the picking team in September & October. It’s £10 per bin for the 1st pick. Also great if you are student looking for holiday work.