Company perspective and background
Puratos Fourayes is an exciting new venture. Puratos has been developing innovative products for the bakery industry since 1919 and has recently acquired Fourayes, the UK’s number one grower and processor of fruit. We’re looking for someone with a passion for making things happen, real enthusiasm for the food industry, as well as a strong desire to be part of cross functional teams.
The Puratos Group’s annual turnover now exceeds €2 billion and the Fourayes acquisition is key part of our ambitious growth strategy to reach €5 billion by 2030. We aim to reach this with the creation of innovative food solutions that promote health & well-being and steadily move businesses, customers, people, and the planet forward.
Receives, stores, and distributes raw materials and finished products within the business. Drives petrol, diesel or electric powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, elevating platform, or trailer hitch, to push, pull, lift, stack, tier or move products, equipment or material by performing the following duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned, the details below are not exhaustive.
- Reads and prepares the goods for customers and hauliers’ collection.
- Pick and Check customer orders as required to outload.
- Receiving of product from production then sending to the designated areas of storage or for outloading vehicle collections.
- Stock check daily/monthly and rotation of shelf life products.
- Input Returns of packaging materials daily of each customer or product from inbound deliveries.
- Outload packaging materials information correctly checked and signed off when distributed to customers daily.
- Physically fit to work in a fast-moving chilled warehouse environment.
- Prepares despatch documentation, also maintains, and files inventory records of old and new despatch reports daily.
- Loading of vehicles/ hauliers in the yard or warehouse despatch areas around the business.
- Ensure that the Yard is always kept tidy with the Clean as you go policy
- Actively contribute and engage in continuous improvement initiatives relevant to JD tasks / duties
- Ensure inbound /outbound stock is recorded correctly as well as sent to the correct locations given
- Stock check and Restocking of certain product in various chilled CA cold stores daily due to space requirements needed
- Must be Pro-active, use initiative and have good communication skills
- Any ADHOC duties required by the Supervisor or Manager
- Must have experience using a PPT electric ride on pallet truck
Education and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- 2 years previous experience in a chilled warehouse environment.
Language and Computer Skills
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organisation. The use of computers will be required constantly throughout the shift and learning out stock management systems will be required.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardised situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibrations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The environment worked in mainly is chilled constantly.
Please complete the Summary Application Form and send it, together with a copy of your CV, to Sean Kember at: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can post the completed form and a copy of your CV to S Kember, Fourayes Farm Ltd, Bicknor, Sittingbourne, Kent. ME9 8BJ
If you have any questions or would like to discuss your application please email, or call on 01622 884 230.
Join the Bramley Apple Picking team every Autumn
If you don’t work all week in the factory then you can join the picking team in September & October. It’s £10 per bin for the 1st pick. Also great if you are student looking for holiday work, or just some extra cash.